Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Something Blue...

"Something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue..." ("And a sixpence in your shoe"! Which we have here! Fathers are supposed to give them to the bride to put in their shoe to guarantee wealth in the marriage.  Yes, please!)

Bad news. I'm not funny today.  I tried to remedy the situation with an intravenous supply of Butterfingers, Baby Ruth, Starburst, and Snickers.  Which normally works, but I'm just not funny today.

OH YEAH: So Monday was Claire's birthday!!  She's old now.  "Old" according to hipsters who think the world ends at 24.  AND ALSO Pam and Renee are back...yay!!  It's nice to have the Queen Mother and the Wedding Lady back :)

Remind me why we do the something blue tradition?

Reminder: "Something Blue in ancient times is the symbol of faithfulness, purity and loyalty. Often a blue item is the garter and in olden times the couple wore blue bands on the border of their wedding attire to denote, love, modesty and fidelity. Another way to wear something blue is to include a blue flower in your headdress or theme your wedding flowers in blue. Today some brides even get a blue tattoo, wear blue nail polish or wear blue shoes." http://www.somethingoldsomethingnew.co.uk/


I personally am far to afraid of commitment for a tattoo but I have some other ideas to:






KAH-UTE!!!  Here's the thing...you can pick anything you want!!  Let your imagination run wild!!  The ring almost just cute overdosed me. So blue shoes?! We got you covered...check out our shoe dyeing: Dye-ing For Color

(Pssst: we also have cute blue panties in the store!!) 

Here is an idea we talked about before that I KNOW you're going to...no...no, NEED to have for your wedding!!
SO FREAKING CUTE. 'Cause you know I've told you about how we can make this happen for you!  Yes.  Blue petticoat.  And a picture like this one, in your photo album. Forever.
And here is the link to the info about our petticoat dyeing: Petticoats and Cake

Accessories for you AND your ceremony are great ways to incorporate this sweet tradition into your wedding. 



And guess what ELSE? (I say "guess what" way too much.  I am banning myself from now on.) We offer bags, ring pillows, and clutches in the store!  I personally love love love the blue garter so much. Gah! I would invite that garter to my wedding.

What about THIS bad larry:





Fact: we can NOT ONLY dye your petticoat blue and dye your shoes blue but we can also put those cute blue crystals under your shoe for an extra special touch!  Nichole started trying to do it for her own wedding shoes and we all loved it so much that we said "HOLY TUNA SALAD we have to offer this to our brides." So we do!  You can choose from a few different options of what you would like it to read.

This is featuring one of our recent and most adorable brides, Jennifer!  Check out her really REALLY fabulously blue idea!



We heard she loves Sean. ;)  We all squealed over these for a good 10 minutes and then swore that it would be blogged about!  I finally get to!! Yay!!  And congrats to you again Jenny!  We love you!! <3

Ok and now for my personal favorite that I WILL be doing for my hypothetical wedding:




YES!! Your wedding date or initials stitched onto your dress! I FREAKING LOVE THIS.  This is all of the things I love in one place:
-pretty blue
-wedding dresses
-handstitching
-photo ops
-unique details

I can die happy after my perfect wedding dress has a hand-stitched blue date in the hem.

And that's all for today. 

Wait, no it's not. I have to tell you one other thing...WE'RE SO EXCITED FOR THE JASMINE TRUNK SHOW!  It's this coming weekend!! Yayayayayayayayayayay!!!!! Seriously...like...love.  We can't wait to see all the dresses! And I can't wait to try some on...check out the gowns! www.jasminebridal.com

Deuces yo, I'm peacing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment