Friday, May 13, 2011

Shoes and Chairs

Exciting True Fact #1:

Jennifer Hyatt won the Kate Middleton Gown Prediction contest!  The sketch that she submitted was the closest guess to what Kate Duchess of Cambridge actually wore on that famous/infamous day.  And the prize for being the closest guess is FREE SHOES!!


Exciting True Fact #2:

Jennifer Hyatt also happens to be one of our most favorite people everrrrrr!!  And here's why: Jennifer used to be the owner of Camarillo Bridal until about 7 years ago when Pam bought it from her, and their relationship has always been one of mutual appreciation and respect.  Pam still goes to Jennifer for business advice, and Jennifer still does (exceptional) alterations work for our brides! 


Jennifer may or may not kill me for putting this in the blog...


See! How cute are they!! They're BFF's!!



So Jennifer brought her lovely self in and picked out these shoes as her prize for being so tapped into the pulse of English Bridal fashion.  Congratulations Jennifer!  We love you!


Exciting True Fact #3:

REX BOUGHT US A PINK DESK CHAIR!!!! It's so cute!!  He brought the box into the store while I was in the back room and at first I thought he just got us a desk chair and I was all "Oh yay! Thank you, Rex!" BUT THEN I saw that it is PINK and I started LITERALLY freaking out and squealing...like girlie high pitched unintelligible. It was kind of like this:

"HOLYTUNASALADIT'SAPINKCHAIRI'MSOEXCITEDTHANKYOUSOMUCHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

So here's Rex putting the chair together...thank you Rex!!!

"I'm answering the phone in my pink voice" - Claire (she didn't actually say that.)

I'm clearly thrilled about our pink chair.  I might name her.  Maybe Penelope.  Yeah. I think it's Penelope.
I just decided.  Claire says ok.


Everybody, meet Penelope the Pink Chair.  Penelope, meet everybody.

I've been happily spinning and rolling Penny (that's her nickname) around the floor for the last few days.  In fact I almost bumped into our perfect Elephant Ear Gray (really light grayish purple-esque) walls.  Don't worry...I didn't mark them.

Thank you Rex!!

3 comments: