Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bridesmaids Dresses!

Bridesmaids Dresses.

So many negative connotations.  I know.  I myself have worn more than a few.  I am not allowed to comment about how much I liked or disliked them because some of my readers are also my brides ;)

Thing #1 about Bridesmaid dresses:  You have to think about this dress differently than any other dress you will wear.  This is like a costume that matches the theme of your friend's wedding.  This is part of the decor.  This gown is about photographs and a cohesive wedding theme.  NOT about being a show stopper at a cocktail party.

Thing #2 about Bridesmaid dresses:  These dresses are made to look good in big group.  I mean, the only other place in your life you and a bunch of other girls are going to purposely wear the same dress is a performance of some kind.  Like a choir.  Or a ballet.  And if you're a singer or a dancer you're used to wearing the same thing as everyone else.  So the gowns have to be made to flatter MOST bodies.  This is why they are relatively simple.

Things #3 about Bridesmaids dresses:  They take 20 weeks.  That's 5 months.  Yeah.  Get on it girl.

YOU HAVE SO MANY OPTIONS!!
All these gowns are available in like 50 different colors.  And they have fantastic names similar to how crayons and deodorant have awesome names.  (Men's deodorant name idea: "Fierce Winter Pine.")

-same dress, same color
-different dresses, same color
-same dresses, different colors
-maid of honor different dress or color
-junior bridesmaid different dress or color
-different dresses, different colors



Options 1 and 2
Pretty, simple, flattering, and very cute.  These two are feminine and flowing. The chiffon option is wonderful for that soft, breezy look.



Examples 3 and 4

Similar dresses, slight differences.  They are different fabrics as well which adds a nice dimension.  These are both really popular, VERY wearable and workable options!


Examples 5 and 6

Again, wearable options that you COULD pair together if you wanted to.  These are adorable summer or spring dresses with similar details.  I think they would be pretty in a light blue for spring.


Examples 7 and 8

I love these because THEY HAVE POCKETS!!! Yes!! Pockets!! So cute!  Again, similar.  Choose them together or separate!  These fabrics of these gowns are different and that adds another layer of "Ooooohh"



Examples 9 and 10

Classy and cute!  Gowns that detail around the waist help to accent our curves. Keep that in mind.  When I pulled these two I was kind of thinking that the strapped gown would be really cute for a junior bridesmaid in this party...what do you think? like a 13 year old who doesn't need to be wearing strapless quite yet.  I know I don't want my pre-teen sister wearing strapless any time soon.  (Ultimately I'm just jealous that she looks better in strapless than I do.)


Examples 11 and 12

These are HOT!!  If you're wanting a sexy little bridal party who will wear their gowns to a cocktail party...this is your gown.  Not everyone can wear this little number, but it is DARLING.  If you get these in black you will have sassy and sexy pictures!


If you are needing to get your girls into some gown, give us a call and I'll book you an appointment for your ladies! 

1 comment: