Wednesday, September 7, 2011

To Know-A-Veil

Well Ladies, I did a Facebook Poll and thus today's blog is all about just that!

Renee gets FULL credit for the cleverly punny title...she is very good at that.  She is training for the pun Olympics...London 2012 here she comes.





So I enlisted the lovely Nichole to come model some veils for me!  It was great to have Nichole and Jazmyn's help in picking out the right veils because they work with them so much more than I do.  I mean, I LOVE headpieces and birdcage veils so I am not as well versed in the more traditional veils and their options.

"The gown is the cake, but the veil is the frosting.  It is what takes you from just trying on wedding dresses to being a bride." 
- Renee Barnett

The tradition of a veil stems from back in the day when you did not see the bride before the wedding.  I know, "Hey, I'm Mr. Right, we've never met but I hear you're my wife."
HOWEVER...I do love the symbolism of uncovering the face of the bride in all of her bridal splendour and seeing her for the first time as your wife...to remove the cloth that separates the two of you.  THAT is beautiful.


I'm going to start with the long and go to the short to give you a little tutorial about all the veils and what they have to offer! Readdyyyy...seeeet...BLOG!

Cathedral Length:


 This length is dramatic, romantic, and absolutely breath-taking when you see the bride walking down the isle as is trails behind her delicately.  The length of the veil and train match and I LOVE the effect of the extra detail on the train that the veil gives!

Cause look at that beautiful edge!  
Can't you just imagine it flowing out behind you?

Here is how it flows around your shoulders and down around the gown in the front...also adding delicate detail to the gown as it sweeps gracefully to the ground...


We love a cathedral length veil on our brides who are looking for a traditional and dramatic bridal ensemble.  This one was Jazmyn's pull...Jazmyn says things like "it's the bomb.com".  Well, I went to thebomb.com and it's not exciting.

Chapel Length:



There was some discussion about this one...how long IS it?!  Well, if it hits the floor and flares out a bit, that's Chapel!  So here I have a GORGEOUS Chapel Length veil...you can see how it flows along the train of the gown...





Plus how CUTE is Nichole!? I love this veil on this dress :)  I didn't even know we have it!  I didn't even know it EXISTED.  See...this is why I blog.  For your edification as well as mine.  Yes.
This is the lace detailing up close.  Seriously.  I love this.




Fingertip and Blusher:



This is the MOST traditional of all the veils.  The longest layer is roughly fingertip (shocker) and the second layer is slightly shorter and can be pulled over your face for the tradition of removing the veil before the kiss!

This one has beautiful satin edging that really makes the veil stand out against your gown and body...I like that it's super light weight, too.



And now this angle...you can see how it falls across your shoulders once the blusher is pulled back...
 I really love this one...it's just so BRIDEFUL!!









Elbow Length:


Just like it says...at the elbow!  It seriously makes me roll my eyes that the names of these are so self explanatory and yet I still feel compelled to explain them...thank you for bearing with me.  I appreciate your patience.

OK ANYWAY...this one is for my brides who love bling!  Check out the thick edge of gorgeous sparkle on this bad larry...


















YEP...beading...sparkle...so beautiful!!  Can you image this with a super sparkley belt??
"Yes I can, Tabitha!"

You're such a good audience.


 And the length on this in the back is very flattering with the backs of the gowns...



Elbow Length 2:


Because it's the most popular length I photographed two of them...and this one is pretty much one of my favorites!!  I like the delicate crystals that are spaced along the edges...


The little baby crystals along the edge catch the lights so that you are sparkling without being a disco ball.  It's a wedding...not a discotheque.




Shoulder Length: 


Ok. Um.  Let's just talk about this picture of Nichole for a second...WHAT IS UP HOTTIE MCSEXYPANTS??!
Moment over.

This is one of Nichole's favorite's that she pulled for me to use and I had no idea how much I would love it!  It's a sweet length with some really beautiful details...

Yep.  LOVE.  And gorgeous length.
 



Flyaway:


 A.K.A. Tiny Little Veil!!  It's soooooo cute! I love this thing!  It hugs your shoulders and is absolutely sweet.  And it's called FLYAWAY!! That's funny.  Like it's going to sprout wings.




This is the satin edging that is also on the fingertip veil I showed earlier.  There's something really nice about the way it stands out against the dresses.


Gah!! SO GREAT! (And...HI CLAIRE IN THE BACKGROUND!!)

This little cutie definitely stole my heart for the day :)

YOU'VE BEEN VEILED!!  I just knowledged you about veils lengths!!  And you will never be the same!  Mwahahahahahah!!

But other than that, yay!  This was a fun blog, thank you so much for all 4 of your votes that determined today's subject.  'Cuz I when I post things on our Facebook I'm not kidding around.  YOU could choose our next blog topic...JUST VOTE!

Other news:  I ate 4 peanut butter chocolate chip cookies while writing this.  I am

a) tweaking out on sugar right now
b) can feel my thighs growing
c) need water desperately
d) all of the above

If you answered a) tweaking out on sure right now...YOU ARE CORRECT!!  Congratulations!!

Peace out, yo.





No comments:

Post a Comment