Monday, March 21, 2011

Ode to the Prom Girls Past and Present

The moon is full, it's the first day of spring, and if you listen very closely tonight you will be able to hear a wail emanating from teenage girl brains everywhere:

"OHEMGEE. WHAT AM I GOING TO WEAR TO PROM!!!"


Shshshshsh!!! It's going to be ok.  You will find a dress, you will look gorgeous, and you will have an amazing time with your friends!!  So relax and let us help you.

Here are a few things to think about before dress shopping:

1) Know your body type and what silhouette best flatters your shape. I think this website is really helpful in determining your best assests.

2) What color do you NOT want to wear.  Ruling out what you don't like allows you to open your mind to all the other colors.

3) Think about dressing for who you are and NOT what your friends will be wearing.  You are a unique young woman!  Show off who you are!!

4) These are quality gowns that you will have for a very long time.  To quote a wise prom girl who came in this week, "The dress is more important than my date...I'm going to have the dress a lot longer than the guy."

Example:

Here's me in 2000 at my Senior Prom.  Yes, yes, when you're done laughing at my hair let's just talk about how I've re-worn this dress several times!

Like here!!  I wore the same gown to a formal fundraiser when I was 25...my hair turned out much better this time. (Side note: this year I will be wearing it again to an event...11 years post purchase!!)

So my dear past prom girls, send me your pictures of you re-wearing your gorgeous gown.   Let's see you rocking those dresses!  Check back to see if your picture is posted!! camarillobridalandgowns@gmail.com

This is Renee (ya know, the rockstar) wearing her circa 1994 gown!  Second showing of this gown was at a wedding reception a few years later.  I was considering cropping out her date because of privacy issues but REALLY  he's wearing black jeans and cowboy boots!!!!!  That's too good to crop out.


Send us your pics ladies!  camarillobridalandgowns@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog. It was nice meeting you today. Good luck this week.

    Alison- Maggie Sottero

    ReplyDelete