Monday, April 18, 2011

The Last Day

Today when I woke up and thought about coming into the store I had a strange excited feeling in my stomach.

Today when I walked across the parking lot to the store I saw a lonely seagull sitting on top of the complex.  He was bright against the grey Camarillo sky.  He was a little bit melancholy and I realized I felt a little bit melancholy, too.

Today when I walked into the store the familiar chimed and the familiar faces were here saying good morning among the familiar racks and shelves.  And it was then I realized...

Today is the last day that Camarillo Bridal and Gorgeous Gowns at 2121 Pickwick Dr. as we know it will be in existence.  Today is the last day that we will stand among the familiar racks, sit in the familiar places, see the familiar windows, and smell the familiar smells.  Tomorrow it all becomes the past.  A memory.



Tomorrow when I come into work I will be wearing jeans.  Tomorrow there will be boxes and vans and packing tape, and there will be MEN IN THE STORE (!!) picking up heavy things.  Tomorrow we start the next leg of the journey...the next step in success.

Tomorrow the palpable tension that is making the atmosphere of the shop vibrate today will dissipate in the madness of the move.  We will focus on the task at hand and we'll look to the future and the excitement that it holds for all of us.  And we won't really be too sad because our new home is so enticing!  This GORGEOUS new location allows us to grow up...enables us to round out and become a more mature team...the new store facilitates better service for all our customers!

So good bye sweet little store! Thank you for being wonderful.  Thank you for being the perfect place for the perfect amount of time.  We love you and we will miss you. Thank you for being pink and mauve and for staying mostly in tact until the end.  We will remember you forever.

1 comment:

  1. This was wonderful! Tara and I cannot wait to see the new store and her dress. What a nice respite for "Emily" until she becomes officially Tara's. We will see you in July!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete